To study in Canada, you generally need a study permit, which requires an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution, proof of financial support, and a clean criminal record. Language proficiency in English or French is also essential.

You can apply online or through a paper application from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. You'll need to provide documents like an acceptance letter from a Canadian institution, proof of financial support, passport, and photographs.

Tuition fees in Canada vary based on the institution and study program. International students typically pay higher tuition fees than domestic students. On average, tuition can range from CAD 7,000 to CAD 29,000 per year. Living expenses are additional.

Yes, international students with a valid study permit are allowed to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during school terms and full-time during scheduled breaks, such as winter or summer holidays.

Graduates from Canadian higher education institutions can apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which allows them to work in Canada for up to three years after graduation. This experience can help in applying for permanent residency.

Yes, many Canadian universities offer scholarships for international students based on merit and sometimes need. There are also government and non-governmental scholarships available.

After receiving an acceptance letter from a Canadian institution, you can apply for a student visa. This involves submitting an application to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country, along with necessary documents like your passport, acceptance letter, financial proof, and a study plan.

Yes, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children can accompany you to Canada. Your spouse or partner may apply for an open work permit, and your children can attend Canadian schools.

Health insurance requirements for international students vary by province. Some provinces provide health coverage, but in others, you may need to arrange private health insurance.

No, it is not mandatory to know French unless you're planning to study in a Francophone region. However, proficiency in English or French is necessary, and language requirements vary by institution.

A Designated Learning Institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are DLIs, but post-secondary schools must receive DLI status.

You can check if a school is a DLI by looking for it on the list of DLIs on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. This list includes all the institutions that are authorized to accept international students.

No, not all programs at DLIs qualify for a PGWP. To be eligible, the program must be at least eight months long and meet other specific criteria. You should check the program details at the DLI for PGWP eligibility

 Yes, you can transfer between DLIs. However, you should inform IRCC if you change your school or program since your study permit is linked to your initial DLI.

Yes, international students at DLIs are typically allowed to work part-time during school terms and full-time during scheduled breaks, provided they have a valid study permit.

Yes, you can leave and re-enter Canada if you have a valid study permit, a valid entry visa (if required), and are enrolled at a DLI.

You should apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires. If it expires while you are still studying, you may have to leave Canada.

You need to show you can cover tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and return transportation for yourself and any family members. The exact amount varies depending on your situation.

A Canadian study permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.

When you arrive at a Canadian port of entry (such as an airport) to receive your study permit, you should have the following documents ready for the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers:

Passport: Your valid passport which you used during your study permit application.

Port of Entry (POE) / Letter of Introduction: This is the letter you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirming the approval of your study permit application. It's not the study permit itself but shows that you're authorized to receive one upon arrival.

Acceptance Letter: The original or electronic copy of the letter of acceptance from the Canadian designated learning institution (DLI) where you are admitted.

Proof of Financial Support: Documents that prove you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada. This can include bank statements, a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred, proof of a student/education loan, bank drafts or other forms of proof.

Health Insurance: Proof of health insurance is not always required at the port of entry, but it's recommended to have it, as healthcare in Canada can be very expensive without insurance.

Additional Documents: Depending on your situation, you may be asked to present additional documents, such as a custodianship declaration for minors or a return ticket to your home country.

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): If required, based on your nationality. This is the visa or eTA that allows you to enter Canada.

Opening a bank account in Canada as an international student involves providing various documents to verify your identity and status. The exact requirements can vary slightly between banks, but generally, you will need the following:

Passport: Your valid passport is a primary form of identification.

Study Permit: Your Canadian study permit, which shows you are in Canada as a student.

Letter of Acceptance: The acceptance letter from your Canadian educational institution.

Secondary ID: Some banks may require a secondary form of identification, which could be another photo ID or a student ID card.

Proof of Enrollment: A document from your educational institution confirming your current enrollment, such as a timetable or student card.

Canadian Address: Proof of your Canadian residential address, which can be a lease agreement, utility bill, or a letter from your university/college confirming your residence.

Social Insurance Number (SIN): While not always mandatory for opening a bank account, a SIN is required if you want to earn interest on your account balance or if you plan to work in Canada.

Additional Documents: Depending on the bank's policy and your situation, additional documents may be required. For instance, if you are under 18, you might need a guardian’s permission.